- Consider the bristle: For most people, soft bristles are the safest and best choice for your teeth? Medium to hard bristles, when used incorrectly, can actually damage your gums and wear away enamel.
- Heed the experts’ advice: Look for brushes marked with the ADA (American Dental Association) Seal of Approval. You can be rest-assured that an ADA-approved brush has undergone rigorous testing and is safe and effective for cleaning your teeth.
- Consider switching to electric: Have you tried an electric toothbrush? Some people find it easier to brush effectively with a powered brush. While it’s certainly not necessary to purchase an electric brush, if you find it more comfortable to use one, then it may be the right choice for you, as it will encourage you to brush more often and for longer.
Below are some of Brighter’s top-rated toothbrushes.
- The Waterpik WP-900 Water Flosser and Sonic Toothbrush Complete Care is one of the highest rated power toothbrushes. Not only does this kit include multiple brush heads, it also includes a “water flosser” that shoots water between teeth and at the gumline to clean your teeth from all angles. The water flosser is especially useful for people with braces. For those who are serious about dental health, the Waterpik kit is your answer!
- One of the most popular power toothbrushes is the Philips Sonicare EasyClean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. This toothbrush is slightly more affordable than the Waterpik system and is very highly recommended by users and dentists alike. It features two timers to help you brush for the recommended two minutes and cover all four quadrants of your mouth.
- A more affordable power toothbrush (coming in around $25) is the Oral-B Vitality ProWhite Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush. This brush recharges easily overnight and gives you the benefits of a powered brush without the higher costs of the brushes mentioned above. Perfect for the first-time user.
- If you have sensitive teeth or gums and are in the market for a very soft brush, the Nimbus Microfine Toothbrush is well-loved by its users. The Nimbus brush features extremely soft, fine bristles that get between your teeth without irritating them.
- Another popular toothbrush is the Radius Scuba Toothbrush, which features an oversized head to thoroughly clean and stimulate your gums. They manufacture the brushes in both right-handed and left-handed versions for ergonomic comfort and ease in brushing, and are made with all-natural materials.
- A more traditional toothbrush option is the Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Pro-Flex Toothbrush, which features flexible sides to reach every side of your teeth and varied bristle height. Dentists note that varied bristle height is essential in reaching obscure corners of your mouth and underneath the gumline, and this toothbrush is a great, affordable option.
What’s your favorite brush to use? Remember to schedule your next dental exam at Brighter.com! Happy New Year!